Our No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Pie is the delicious version of a grownup dirt cake. Everyone is sure to be talking about the glow-up you gave this childhood favorite.
The Best 15 Minute Dessert
Other than pumpkin pie this Oreo pie is Dallin’s favorite. And I especially love that this dessert is so easy. Like REALLY easy. Need a quick dessert? With just a few ingredients and 15 minutes of prep work you can put this puppy in the fridge to chill for a few hours and totally tackle other things while the real magic happens!
From start to finish all you need is 15 minutes (plus chilling time) for a heavenly decadent dessert that’s going to leave everyone raving.
What's Not to Love?
Truly what’s not to love about a delicious, easy-peasy dessert? When looking for something sweet in a hurry no bake and 15 minute or less sweet treats are always the perfect answer. Do you love simple but delicious desserts? If you do, these no bake Scotcheroo Bars were made for you.
And you definitely can't leave here without trying these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies or our Easy Key Lime Pie which both come together in 15 minutes! These are sweet treats you need to check out!
Double the Goodness
Now I will tell you, this recipe does make two pies. But don't worry, that just means this recipe is perfect for sharing or freezing to save and pull out later. And honestly, if your family is anything like mine you are going to need the second pie. Trust me. It’s crazy how fast this dessert disappears at a family or holiday dinner.
How to Make Life Even Easier
If you’re like me you will want to go ahead and grab that pre-made pie crust to save on time. Now around the holidays Oreo pie crusts can be hard to come by if you don’t buy them early, so don’t stress if you can only find chocolate flavored pie crusts. They will do the job. Or you can absolutely whip out an Oreo crust from scratch. It’s not all that difficult or time consuming.
The Perfect Dessert to Make with Kids
Plus, this is a great dessert to make with the kids. Put your Oreos in a resealable bag and give them some kitchen tools like a measuring cup, rolling pin or spoon and let them crush the Oreos. And then of course it’s always fun to let them lick the spatula at the end.
Make it Your Own
A fun way to shake up this dessert and make it your own is using flavored Oreos instead of traditional ones. Or during the holidays add a little festive color to your dessert by using holiday themed Oreos. And you can always turn things real upside down and swap out the Oreos for another favorite cookie – Nutter Butter, Thin Mints, Fudge Stripe Cookies.
Pro Chef Tips - Mom Hacks
Softening Cream Cheese
Make sure you are softening your cream cheese before you beat it into your pie. This will give you a nice, smooth filling. This is important for the perfect texture. No one wants to bite into a big lump of cream cheese!
If you think about it early enough you can pull your cream cheese out of the fridge and leave on the counter for roughly 30 minutes to soften it. Or if you are like me and don’t ever remember to pull things out early, you can microwave your completely unwrapped cream cheese on a small plate for 15 seconds. Add another 5-7 seconds if not quite softened entirely. Be careful not to melt your cream cheese, we just want it softened not warm.
When it comes time to crush those Oreos you can do it a number of ways. You can crush them by hand in a resealable bag or in a food processor or blender. Just make sure you leave some chunks, you don’t want to grind all of your cookies into a powder. The chunks of cookies will soften up while your pie chills in the fridge for the perfect burst of soft yummy flavor!
Chilling the Pie
How long do you need to chill a pie? Well, the longer a cream pie sits in the fridge the better it will be. It’s important to give each pie at least 3 hours so the cream cheese has time to set and interact with the other ingredients. While it will be delicious if you don’t wait the full time, we promise it is worth the wait. So be patient and let the magic work! You won’t regret it.
What is best way to serve Pie?
When it comes to decorating your pie it really is up to you. Just before serving you can add some dollops of whipped cream and sprinkle on some crushed Oreo pieces you had set aside earlier. Or try adding big soft clouds of whipped topping and placing an Oreo in the center so it is standing up to give some height to your pie. Or maybe try adding a drizzle of chocolate fudge sauce to the plate before putting your pie slice down.
Can you Freeze Pie?
If you don’t need the second pie right away you can totally freeze it. Be sure to wrap your pie first with plastic wrap and then second in foil. The tighter your wrap the fresher your pie will taste when it comes time to enjoy it later. You can totally store your pie for up to 3 months in the freezer. When you are ready to serve your heavenly dessert pull and place it in the fridge the night before. This will give it the time it needs to thaw out. Just before serving top it with extra whipped topping, whole or halved Oreos and a little extra Oreo crumbs or dust.
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Pie
Crunchy cookie crust and creamy filling loaded with cookie chunks gives every slice of this pie BIG Oreo taste! A real cookies and cream lover's dream.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 2 store bought Oreo pie crusts
- additional Oreo pieces/cookies and whipped cream for garnishing
- In a medium mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy with no lumps.
- Add vanilla and sugar to the bowl and beat with mixer until combined. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl add whipping cream. With a hand mixer beat the cream until stiff peaks form and it takes on the consistency of a whipped cream topping.
- Using a rubber spatula add the whipped cream to your cream cheese mixture. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Don't over mix.
- Add crushed Oreo cookies to your pie filling and fold in till it is fully combined.
- Using spatula scrape the filling into the two prepared OREO Pie Crust, Holiday Baking, 12 - 6 oz Crusts" target="_blank">pie crusts and spread evenly.
- Cover pies and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours to chill.
- When ready to serve remove from the fridge and garnish the top with leftover Oreo pieces/cookies and whipped topping. ⅓
- Be careful when crushing the Oreos to not do too much. You want to still have cookie pieces and chunks.
- To avoid lumps in your filling be sure to soften your cream cheese before beating. You can do this by pulling your cream cheese out and letting it soften 30 minutes before baking or if in a hurry placing in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Don't skimp on chilling time. Sitting in the fridge allows your cheesecake mixture proper time to come together. Trust us, the wait is well worth it!
- Leftover pie can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Oreo Pie can be frozen if desired. Just wrap your pie tightly with cling wrap and then again with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, pull from the freezer and allow to thaw in the fridge overnight, garnishing the top just before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g