This Best Fudgy Chocolate Bar Brownies recipe is some of the best brownies I have ever had. Extra chocolatey, extra fudgy, extra gooey or if left to cool, have a crunchy chocolate bar center that wows EVERYONE!
These brownies make for the perfect treat the next time you need to wow a crowd or simply want to treat yo’ self!
BROWNIES TWO WAYS
Best Fudgy Chocolate Bar Brownies are definitely the classic brownies of your childhood just with an unexpected twist. What gives these brownies that extra oomph is the whole chocolate bars you are going to layer in the center of the batter. Also fun because it gives you two different ways to serve these bad boys up, the results are a brownie game changer … just take a look.
Alright, the first way to serve these fudge chocolate bar brownies is hot out of the oven. If you simply can’t wait or just prefer a warm brownie you will enjoy these with an oh so ooey-gooey center literally dripping with chocolate.
Or, if you can resist eating them straight out of the pan to let them cool overnight, uncut in the baking dish, you will be in for a real treat! A solid chocolate center sandwiched between chocolately, fudgey brownie layers.
And while these brownies appear complex they are so, so simple to make.
How Do You Make Fudgy Chocolate Bar Brownies?
All right, here’s the step by step! The perfect brownie definitely isn’t rocket science, but there are some “must do’s” to get it JUST RIGHT.
This is a simple recipe. After preheating your oven to 350° F, melt butter and cocoa in a large saucepan over low heat. Once melted (no need to boil), pour the butter and cocoa mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add Sugar and be sure to mix it well. Next, add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Finally add the flour followed by the chocolate chips.
Pour 1/2 of your brownie mixture into a greased 9×13 cake pan or casserole dish. Use a spatula to spread the mixture into an even layer covering the bottom of your baking dish. Lay whole chocolate bars over the brownie mixture in one flat layer. Finally, pour the remaining brownie batter over the chocolate bars, creating (as best you can) an even top layer.
- 1 cup + 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2⅔ cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 3 large chocolate bars (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt butter and cocoa in a large saucepan over low heat (no need to boil).
- Pour the butter and cocoa mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Next, add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Finally add the flour followed by the chocolate chips. Mix Well.
- Pour half of brownie mixture into a greased 9x13 cake pan or casserole dish. Use a spatula to spread the mixture into an even layer that covers the bottom of the baking dish.
- Lay whole chocolate bars over the first half of the brownie mixture in one flat layer.
- Finally, pour the remaining brownie batter over the chocolate bars, creating (as best you can) an even top layer.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 33 minutes.
If you choose to put the chocolate bars in know that the toothpick will not come out cleanly when checking to see if the brownies are done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 3gSugar: 39gProtein: 7g
ON A DESSERT RECIPE HUNT?
Looking for great dessert ideas? We’ve got your sweet tooth covered. Be sure to check out these other incredible recipes.