Chocolate + Peanut Butter + Coffee what's more delicious?! Our Peanut Butter Mocha Protein Shake is packed full of flavor and high in protein. Blended, smooth and delicious it is the perfect way to gain a little extra pep in your step.
With this drink in hand it is easy to avoid that morning drag and is the perfect way to fuel up for a busy day. In need of a mid-day pick me up?
Our Peanut Butter Mocha Shake is sure to do the trick. Delicious enough to be a dessert and healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast, this drink will soon become a favorite.
I love making smoothies and protein shakes like this or our Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie for breakfast. They can be such a great way to get in lots of extra veggies and nutrients, early in the morning.
Ingredients for a Peanut Butter Mocha Shake
This blended drink has a handful of ingredients making it easy to whip up. Making this shake ideal for breakfast, a snack or treat anytime of the day.
I mean who doesn't love a jolt of caffeine and breakfast all wrapped up in one? Talk about a delicious reason to get out of bed!
- Almond Milk
- Starbucks Blonde Roast Instant Coffee
- Cacao Powder
- PBfit Peanut Butter Powder
- Clean Simple Eats Chocolate Brownie Batter Protein Powder
You can use any protein powder you like but we've tried lots of types and Clean Simple Eats protein powder is definitely our favorite! Be sure to use our code THEDASHLEYS at checkout for 10% off.
How to Make a Peanut Butter Mocha Protein Shake
Making this energizing and quick breakfast is so easy! Seriously. All you have to do is add your ingredients to the blender and then blend it till nice and smooth. Secondly, pour your Peanut Butter Mocha Shake into a glass. Finally, add a straw and enjoy.
Generally, I like to serve my blended drinks with a quick and easy portable breakfast option. These frozen healthy Green Smoothie Waffles, slice of Baked Oatmeal casserole or best ever Bran Muffins make a great option!
Make it Your Own
- Switch PBfit Powder for regular Peanut Butter. PBfit Powder and peanut butter have the same amount of protein and fiber. All in all, the only real difference is that the powder has significantly lower calories and less fat.
- In fact you can swap peanut butter for almond butter, cashew butter or any other nut butter of your preference.
- Swap ice for a frozen banana for more sweetness and a creamier drink.
- Add spinach for extra iron and fiber. Don't worry the peanut butter will mask any flavor!
- Add chia seeds for more fiber and thickening the shake.
- Add ¼ cup rolled oats to make shake thicker and more filling.
Are cacao and cocoa powder the same?
Cacao is the raw, unprocessed version of cocoa powder. Which means they can be swapped out in this Peanut Butter Mocha Shake if you prefer. Or if you just happen to have cocoa powder on hand that works too.
Both have health benefits but anything in the raw version is going to offer extra nutrients and advantages! Because of this we prefer to use cacao powder in our shakes.
Cacao powder can take a little getting used to. It is a little bitter but when adding to a shake you can hardly tell the difference. And if anything else, I think it offers a nice balance to the sweetness you get naturally in most shakes.
Can you prepare protein shakes the night before?
You can easily make your Peanut Butter Mocha shake in advance if you know you are going to have a busy morning. Just blend everything up and pour into a refrigerator safe container, like a mason jar or favorite cup. Finally, place in fridge till ready to enjoy.
Keep in mind the texture will be a little thinner and have a less frozen consistency, but your flavors will all be there! Just be sure to shake up your drink before enjoying to make sure anything that may have settled or separated is mixed together.
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon PB fit powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend till shake is a smooth consistency.
- Pour shake into a glass and serve with a favorite straw.
- You can add all kinds of things to your shake to make it more filling, pump up additional nutrients or make your drink thicker. Take a look above for our favorite add ins.
- Use code THEDASHLEYS for 10% off your order at Clean Simple Eats.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g