This Best Orange Mango Smoothie is a delicious way to get in an extra dose of vitamin C and an added immunity boost. With Covid restrictions I feel like we have all been hyper aware of the germs and sickness surrounding us this year.
I love knowing that I can serve this smoothie for breakfast or a mid-day snack and give my family a little treat to help keep us all healthier.
Truly, with all the cold and flu fighting ingredients we may as well call this the 🤜 Cold Buster 🤛. Naturally sweetened, vegan, dairy and gluten free this has a little something for everyone!
Kid and Mom Approved
We like to start our days off with a smoothie before walking to the park in the mornings and this one is always a hit. In fact, this is George's favorite smoothie. And I love that this recipe uses whole oranges which means lots of extra fiber which helps keep the kids fuller longer.
I love that the creaminess of the smooth mango works well with the acidity of the clementines and lime. When paired together these flavors really do make the Best Orange and Mango Smoothie, the summer dream team.
And if you are looking for other delicious summertime flavors don’t miss our Watermelon Chia smoothie, copycat Orange Julius, Best Green Tropical smoothie.
What Blender is best for Smoothies?
There are several top quality blenders out there but I would recommend Blendtec every single time. Even though a little pricey it is a great investment. It definitely helps us to get more fresh fruits and veggies into our diets, especially when it comes to the kids. Plus, we use our Blendtec for EVERYTHING from salsas, sauce, and salad dressings, to German Pancake and waffle batter.
How can I boost my immune system fast?
Stay nourished and healthy during cold and flu season with this hefty dose of Vitamin C. Also enjoy all the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of these ingredients. Oranges also promote better skin health and appearance and offer a great boost of fiber for any diet! This immunity boosting smoothie for wellness is a must try this summer.
And even if it isn’t cold or flu season pull out the ingredients and add a bit of instant sunshine to your morning! This bright orange, thick and creamy smoothie is so hydrating and refreshing. This cup full of sunshine will have you feeling like you are on the beach somewhere living life to its fullest!
Make It Your Own
It is easy to amp up a smoothie with whatever you might be looking for! Wanting a more island vibe? Looking for something that is going to keep you fuller longer? Here are a few suggestions to help you get exactly what you want.
- Tropical Flavor - Add ½ tablespoon of coconut oil or ½ a frozen banana.
- Sweeter - Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Creamier - Add ½ cup of almond milk.
- More Filling - Add ½ cup of Greek yogurt or quick oats.
- More Vitamins - 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds for a boost of omega 3 fatty acids & vitamin E. Or try ½ a frozen banana for more potassium and extra fiber.
Pro Chef – Mom Hacks
There are a few smoothie making practices you will want to follow for the best success.
- Peel quarter and freeze your clementines for extra creamy consistency. Also stick with frozen mango when you can. Even though it is a little messier, it makes life soooo much easier.
- Add liquids to blender first, then softer ingredients, your more fibrous ingredients next and frozen items last.
- Go low and slow with mixing. Once things seem to be blending together smoothly turn the blender up to high until everything is well blended.
- Be patient. Blending your smoothie too high for too long causes it to melt faster. Blend it too high, too soon and end up with more of a juice than smoothie consistency.
Orange Mango Smoothie
Packed with flavor, this citrus & tropical smoothie is naturally sweetened, vegan, dairy & gluten free. Serve for breakfast or a mid-day snack.
- 8 clementine oranges
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 cups ice
- Peel clementines or cuties. Add the peeled wedges to the blender.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into the blender.
- Add honey and frozen mango to blender and top off with ice.
- Blend together slowly at first and after everything seems to be pulled through turn the blender to high for the last 35 or 40 seconds.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 6gSugar: 47gProtein: 3g