This little number packs all the flavor! Creamy Jalapeño Dip has just the right amount of heat and perfect level of cool tangy creaminess. This dip is the perfect recipe for game day, parties, your next taco night, or for snacking.
I don’t know what category this heavenly concoction falls under, but no matter what you decide to call it, I can guarantee that you will want to eat this on EVERYTHING. Enjoy Creamy Jalapeño Dip as a sauce, dressing, dip, condiment or your new favorite beverage (kidding, I’m kidding).
What is the easiest way to make dip?
Another thing I love about this dip is just how fast it comes together. Grab 8 simple ingredients pop them in a food processor or blender and you’ve got the yummiest snack in just 10 minutes. Once you've got it all loaded in blend everything together until there are no chunks.
What do you serve dip with?
And then something else I love about this snacky appetizer is that you can enjoy it with just about anything. Serve it up with chips, veggie sticks or on top of tacos. Try pairing it with your favorite Tex-Mex dishes or alongside grilled meats. You may find that you love this Creamy Jalapeño dip so much that it becomes a constant staple in the fridge.
You'll for sure need to have it on hand for enjoying with Black Bean Sweet Potato Burritos or on top of Southwest Chicken Wraps. And don't think that it stops there! You'll want it to use for a dipping sauce alongside easy Barbecue Chicken or slices of Green Machine Quesadillas. Or try switching this dip out for the sour cream layer in 7 Layer Dip for a surprise spin on things. We mean it when we say the options and possibilities are endless.
What is better, pickled or fresh jalapeño peppers?
Pickled jalapeño peppers are key here. I know it can be tempting to use fresh jalapeños and skip a can of pickled ones, but don’t do it. Don’t do it. Somewhere in the pickling process the intense heat jalapeños are known for, is drawn back for the perfect medley of heat and spice.
Make it your own
Your kitchen, your rules. You are the boss. Here are a few suggestions to get your creative juices flowing. Do you need your dip:
- Spicier - If you are really longing for bigger heat grab a can of hot pickled jalapeños. Only add one block of cream cheese instead of two.
- Milder - If you are finding your dip to be a tad too spicy for your liking, add a teaspoon or two of sugar until it hits just right.
- Thick or Thinner - For a thinner dip add a little extra milk a teaspoon or two at a time. If wanting a thicker dip don’t add as much milk as is called for in the recipe.
- Creamier or Less Creamy - The recipe calls for two blocks of cream cheese but you can absolutely cut it back to one block if you prefer a less creamy dip.
Let Your Flavors Marry Together
Next, after you've got everything to your liking put your dip in the fridge. The longer it sits in the fridge to chill, the more the flavors are going to come together for that bite of perfection. Allowing the dip to sit in the fridge for an hour or two really allows the flavors to come together and “marry” as the saying goes. Which is basically just a fancy way of saying the flavors all get a chance to hang out, get to know one another and blend for flavor perfection.
This creamy jalapeño dip is super easy-peasy to make and even easier to fall in love with. And you don’t have to worry about having leftovers, trust me you are going to want them for later. You can store and refrigerate any remaining dip in an air tight container for up to 3 weeks.
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup mexican crema
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 can pickled jalapeños, 12 oz
- half a bunch of cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- half of a lime, juiced
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high till everything is creamed. Serve and enjoy.
- To thin out the dip add more milk, or for a thicker dip add less milk.
- For spicer dip use a can of hot pickled jalapeños.
- For a more mild dip add a teaspoon of sugar at a time until spice level is what you desire.
- Store dip in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 735mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g