Quick and oh so easy to prep, Southwest Chicken Caviar Wraps have incredible flavor in every bite! Crisp lettuce loaded with flavorful chicken, colorful veggies, and a tangy cream sauce make this the perfect lunch, dinner or snack! Packed with protein and fiber this is sure to leave you feeling happy, full and satisfied.
With so few ingredients and just 10 minutes of prep time, you won’t believe how much flavor there is in every bite. Southwest Chicken Caviar Lettuce Wraps will be your new go-to healthy dinner and quick fresh lunch. And if looking for more quick and easy, last minute options Green Machine Quesadillas, best Orange Mango, or Tropical Green smoothies are other perfect choices.
Make Your Sauce
When it comes to putting the finishing touches on your wrap this three ingredient southwest cream sauce does the job! Sour cream, taco seasoning and a touch of lime juice add the perfect amount of spice while still being cool and creamy. Perfectly balanced flavor in every bite.
Another great option would be if you have leftover homemade Avocado Salsa in the fridge, to add it as the perfect finish to your lettuce wrap.
Which Lettuce is Best for Wraps?
Did you know there are more than 12 different kinds of lettuce out there? Each offers its own flavor, texture and firmness. When it comes to making wraps any green leafy lettuce will work, but that doesn’t mean some aren’t better than others. Some of our favorites would be butter lettuce, green leaf lettuce, or iceberg.
- Butter and Bib lettuce already have a natural concave shape making them perfect for lettuce cups or holding fillings.
- Green Leaf lettuce has big broad leaves making it the perfect base for wraps. It also offers a good crunch that you may miss with the Butter and Bib lettuces.
- Iceberg and Romaine are great for using in place of bread or a tortilla for sandwiches. Their nice crisp leaves add a refreshing and cool crunch. Iceberg leaves are especially flexible making them perfect for rolling wrap fillings inside of.
How to Build a Lettuce Wrap
Once you’ve got your lettuce washed lay it on a flat surface so that two leaves generously overlap. Place your strips or chunks of cooked chicken down the center of the overlapping leaves. Next add a BIG ole spoonful of our favorite Cowboy Caviar. (It’s so delicious it has its very own post!) And finish off with a dollop of homemade southwest cream sauce.
When ready you can roll your wrap using a similar technique you would find to roll a burrito. Or depending on the type of lettuce you choose you can serve them as more of a lettuce cup, similar to that of a taco shell during transport from plate to mouth.
Making Southwest Chicken Caviar Wraps To Go
Whether you are taking this with you for a yummy snack or easy lunch, I’d have your lettuce and fillings stored separately. When ready to eat, assemble your wrap with ease in under a minute and enjoy!
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 1 cup cowboy caviar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- In a small bowl add sour cream, taco seasoning packet and lime juice. Stir till combined.
- Layer your lettuce wraps starting with lettuce, then add chicken, spoonful of Cowboy Caviar and finish off with dollop of the prepared cream sauce.
- When choosing lettuce any leafy green will work. We suggest using a romaine, bib or green leaf lettuce. You can read more about what each variety offers above.
- We often substitute grilled chicken for leftover shredded chicken or we grab a rotisserie chicken at the store to keep things easy.
- Give our homeamde Avocado Salsa a try for another delicious sauce option to finish off your wrap.
- If looking for a healthier option with more protein swap out the sour cream for greek yogurt in the sauce.
- If taking for lunch wait to assemble wraps just before eating to prevent lettuce from wilting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 248mgSodium: 715mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g