Seven Layer Taco Dip is creamy, savory & yummy! This recipe is definitely not your Grandma's Layered Chip Dip. While it is still a dish full of classic Tex-Mex flavors we do have a few surprises up our sleeves making this the perfect Super Bowl weekend snack.
Stand Out from the Crowd
What makes this party favorite stand out from a sea of other delicious appetizers is the fresh deli pico de gallo and smooth Fritos bean dip base. Each add a truly unique set of flavors you didn't know you were missing with the traditional refried beans and diced tomatoes most recipes call for.
We believe upgrading these two basic layers really does put this dish over the top! This appetizer is a seven layer dip everyone will crave. A dip perfect for game day, the Super Bowl, parties and snacking. Truly a chip and dip match, made in heaven.
Make It Your Own
Just because this dish has well known flavors doesn't mean it isn't customizable. You can give those enjoying it a sense of your own unique flair by when you make this dish your own! Don't hesitate to swap out any of the layers in this recipe for your go-to taco fillings and toppings. If you can enjoy it in or on a taco it is gonna go great with these other flavors. You can even get crazy with it all and add a layer or two! No one ever said Seven Layer Taco Dip could only have seven layers. Break the rules!
Here are a handful of our favorites we know would go so well in this dish.
- Seasoned Beef
- Queso Fresco
- Mango Salsa
- Cream Cheese
- Green Chilies
Serve & Enjoy 100 Different Ways
Keep in mind that in addition to what you choose for each delicious layer there are several other ways to enhance your Seven Layer Taco Dip experience. In this case, how you display your dip and what you choose to serve it with can make all the difference.
Layer everything on a decorative serving platter for optimal layer ratios. Or you can serve it in a casserole dish or trifle bowl for thicker base layers. And if using this recipe in a party setting don't hesitate to put your layers in small, clear plastic cups for individual sized more portable portions!
And don't forget almost as equally important as how you choose to serve up your seven layers is what you serve it alongside! A few of our favorite accompaniments include tortilla chips, crackers, pita chips, fresh cut veggies, warm tortilla pieces or pretzels. The options truly are endless!
Pro Chef - Mom Hacks
Store leftovers for 3-4 days in the fridge covered tightly. Keep in mind the avocado layer may start to brown. After 24 hours your dip will not look as pretty but I can guarantee it is going to taste sooooo good! If there are any extra juices or liquids just drain off and enjoy!
- 2 cans Frito bean dip
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ package taco seasoning
- 1 cup fiesta blend cheese
- ⅔ cups deli fresh pico de gallo
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ¼ cup diced black olives
- In small bowl mash and mix together avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside for layering.
- In a second small bowl mix together sour cream, greek yogurt and taco seasoning. Set aside for layering.
- On a 9x13 platter or serving dish evenly spread cans of bean dip.
- Create the second layer by spreading avocado mixture over beans as evenly as possible.
- Spread the sour cream mixture over the avocados for the third layer.
- Sprinkle fiesta blend cheese across the dish for the fourth layer.
- Drain off excess liquid in the pico de gallo and scatter across layers to build the fifth layer.
- Add sixth and seventh layers by topping off the dish with chopped green onions and diced black olives.
- Serve with favorite tortilla chips or crackers and enjoy.
- You can swap out the lime juice for lemon juice if preferred.
- If looking for a stronger flavor use the entire taco seasoning mix in the sour cream mixture.
- For a richer, creamier texture substitute the greek yogurt for softened cream cheese. Be sure to mix into sour cream mixture well.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least an hour for a better meld of flavors.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g