Seven Layer Taco Dip is creamy, savory and so appetizing. This recipe is definitely not your Grandma's layered chip dip you might be used to.
While it is still a dish full of classic Tex-Mex flavors, we have a few surprises up our sleeves to make this a hit!
This dish is perfect for holidays, get togethers, tailgate parties or taco night! If you've been around the Dashley's Kitchen for a while you know we love "party foods" and eat them all the time.
In fact, some of our favorite go to party or get together dishes you have to try are Chicken Crescent Mini Rolls, Instant Pot BBQ Wings, or Mexican Street Corn Salad.
Ingredients for Seven Layer Taco Dip
But what makes this party favorite stand out from a sea of other delicious appetizers is the fresh pico de gallo and smooth Fritos Bean Dip base.
Each layer adds a truly unique set of flavors you didn't know you were missing with the traditional refried beans and diced tomatoes most recipes call for.
Upgrading these two basic layers puts this dish over the top!
These little changes make this an appetizer everyone will crave. This recipe truly is a chip and dip match, made in heaven.
If you love your chip and dip combos you need to give Fresh Mango Avocado Salsa, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Creamy Rotel Sausage Dip and Homemade Avocado Salsa a try!
How to Make Seven Layer Taco Dip
Making this recipe is about as simple as it gets. Which makes it ideal for getting small helpers involved and helping in the kitchen.
Firstly, spread the bean dip to create a base layer. Then you will want to add your smashed avocados to the dish. Add your layer of mixed taco seasoning and greek yogurt to the dish.
Next sprinkle with shredded cheese. And finally top with pico de gallo and chopped green onion. Chill in fridge till ready to serve and enjoy!
Make It Your Own
Just because this dish has well known flavors doesn't mean it isn't customizable. Don't be afraid to give everyone a taste of your unique flair when you make this dish totally your own!
Or swap out the layers in this recipe for your go-to taco fillings and toppings. If you can enjoy it in or on a taco, it is gonna go great with the other flavors already here.
In fact, dare to get real crazy and add a layer or two! No one ever said Seven Layer Taco Dip could only have seven layers. Sometimes it is fun to break all the rules!
Recently we pulled this recipe back out for a holiday party appetizer. This time we tried mixing in two teaspoons of Taco Bell Hot Sauce to the Greek Yogurt mixture. Then we layered it on and we loved it!
So our word of advice today, is never be afraid to try new things! In fact, here are a handful of our favorites we know would go so well in this dish.
- Seasoned Beef
- Queso Fresco
- our Mango Salsa
- Cream Cheese
- Green Chilies
How to Serve Taco Dip
In addition to what you choose for each delicious layer, there are several ways to enhance your Seven Layer Taco Dip experience. First, how you display your dip and secondly, what you choose to serve it with can really take your who dish up a notch.
First you will want to layer everything on a decorative serving platter to get optimal layer to layer ratios. Or you can serve it in a casserole dish or trifle bowl for thicker base layers.
And if using this recipe in a party setting don't hesitate to put your layers in small, clear plastic cups for individual sized more portable portions!
What to Serve Dip With
Almost as equally important as how you choose to serve up your seven layers, it is just as important what you serve it alongside!
A few of our favorite accompaniments include tortilla chips, crackers, pita chips, fresh cut veggies, warm tortilla pieces or pretzels. The options truly are endless!
If you happen to have leftovers you will want to store them in the fridge covered tightly for up to 3-4 days. Keep in mind the avocado layer may start to brown. Which means that after 24 hours your dip won't look as pretty.
However, I can guarantee your dip is going to taste sooooo good after all those flavors have a chance to meld together! If you notice any extra liquids just drain them off and enjoy!
Seven Layer Taco Dip
Looking for all those classic Mexican flavors in one dish? Seven Layer Taco Dip is creamy, delicious and a total party favorite. Change a few key ingredients and you have an easy grand slam appetizer everyone will love!
- 2 cans Frito bean dip
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ package taco seasoning
- 1 cup fiesta blend cheese
- ⅔ cups deli fresh pico de gallo
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ¼ cup diced black olives
- In small bowl mash and mix together avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside for layering.
- In a second small bowl mix together sour cream, greek yogurt and taco seasoning. Set aside for layering.
- On a 9x13 platter or serving dish evenly spread cans of bean dip.
- Create the second layer by spreading avocado mixture over beans as evenly as possible.
- Spread the sour cream mixture over the avocados for the third layer.
- Sprinkle fiesta blend cheese across the dish for the fourth layer.
- Drain off excess liquid in the pico de gallo and scatter across layers to build the fifth layer.
- Add sixth and seventh layers by topping off the dish with chopped green onions and diced black olives.
- Serve with favorite tortilla chips or crackers and enjoy.
- You can swap out the lime juice for lemon juice if preferred.
- If looking for a stronger flavor use the entire taco seasoning mix in the sour cream mixture.
- For a richer, creamier texture substitute the greek yogurt for softened cream cheese. Be sure to mix into sour cream mixture well.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least an hour for a better meld of flavors.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g