Strawberry Lemonade Cookies really are the easiest cookie of all time. With five ingredients, one mixing bowl and 15 minutes, it does not get any easier than this. And as if that wasn't enough to make you run to the store right now, this recipe makes the softest, chewiest, most mouthwatering cookies! I mean truly, what more could you ask for in a cookie?!
With such classic, bright flavors this cookie is a fun reminder of all things spring and summer.
Boxed Cake Mix ... Really?
I know what you are thinking. A boxed store-bought cake mix ... seriously?
I am fully aware store-bought cake mixes are traditionally used to make cakes and cupcakes. But did you know you can also use it to make the world’s simplest cookies? Because you totally can. And it might very well be one of the greatest things to do with a boxed cake mix. There really is no going wrong with this recipe. This is a great recipe if you have little helpers who like to get in the kitchen with you. Perfect recipe for first time bakers to get their hands dirty and totally nail! And with all going on in the world right now, can't we all use a win? So I present to you this scrumdiddlyumptious bite of heaven.
And with it being just two days before Valentine's Day maybe you are looking for a small, simple way to bring a little extra magic and fun to the holiday this year. This Strawberry Lemonade Cookie is the PERFECT way to do just that with little to no extra planning. Wow your Valentine this year with these adorable cookie sandwiches full of love!
Pro Chef - Mom Hacks
When baking you want to be sure not to over bake. As soon as the cookies start to look puffy and dry go ahead and pull them out to achieve chewy cookie perfection. And keep in mind that since this cookie is made with a cake mix they are softer and more delicate when still warm. Be sure to allow your cookies to cool entirely as this will help them firm up a bit.
Sky is the Limit
Once you have the boxed cake mix basic recipe down you really truly can play and experiment with other boxed mixes as your heart desires!
- Flavors: With a boxed cake mix the flavor of cookies you can create is endless. You can achieve so many flavor variations with little to no effort! Lemon, Pumpkin Spice, Carrot, Funfetti, Strawberry, Chocolate, Red Velvet, Vanilla, Cherry Chip, German Chocolate, Blue Velvet, Orange Supreme, Spice Cake, Devils Food,
- Add-Ins: Try adding white chocolate chips, sprinkles, m&m's, macadamia nuts, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, raisins to your next batch of cake mix cookies!
- Colors: With a boxed cake mix it is so easy to make fun and vibrant non traditional cookie colors without using food coloring. You can also easily make tie-dye cookies by combining two different flavored doughs into your cookie dough balls before cooking.
- Decorations: There are so many ways to finish off your cookies, frosted, not frosted, sprinkles, glaze drizzle, powder sugar crackle, double layers with frosting in the middle for a cookie sandwich.
A Valentine Treat
Trust us when we say that these cookies can stand alone on their own. They are delicious and the perfect blend of sweet and tart. But since Valentine's Day is just around the corner we thought it would be fun to add a little flair and make these into cookie sandwiches. So we whipped up a quick batch of cream cheese frosting, layered up the cookies, added sprinkles and viola! A treat sweet enough to show any valentine how much you care.
Easy desserts are the best for hosting parties or for brightening someone's day. These Sunshine Oatmeal, Quick Classic Chocolate Chip, and Pumpkin Spice are some of my favorite desserts to make in a time crunch. Delicious cookies to give a try.
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 packet raspberry lemonade drink powder, single serve (3 grams)
Quick Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, extract and drink powder until dough comes together.
- Roll dough in small balls place on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes till cookies appear puffy and dry.
- Allow to cool entirely and enjoy as is or decorate as desired.
- Add all ingredients for frosting to bowl.
- Using hand mixer whip together till smooth.
You can substitute 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for the ½ teaspoon of lemon extract. Be aware when making this substitution that lemon juice or lemon zest does offer a more acidic flavor than lemon extract so it will alter the taste in the cookies slightly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g